The National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) is an international nonprofit educational association founded in 1978. The association serves nearly 30,000 members in 52 countries. Its headquarters are in Colorado Springs, Colorado. 
Seventy-six founding members organized the National Strength Coaches Association and by 1980, membership expanded to 2,250. In 1981, the organization’s name changed to the National Strength and Conditioning Association. The membership expanded beyond strength coaches to encompass all professionals who contribute to the strength and conditioning field.
Both of the NSCA's CSCS and CPT credentials are accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) NSCA CSCS page
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine
- International Sports Sciences Association
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Council on Exercise
- Certified Professional Trainers Network