The term endomorph refers to a body type (somatotype) that gains weight easily, has a higher body fat percentage and possess a propensity towards overweight or obesity. Endomorphs are characterized by a heavy rounded build.  People in sports tend not to be in this category, rather being either more mesomorphic or ectomorphic. 
* Soft Body * Underdeveloped Muscles * Round Physique * Weight Loss is Difficult * Gains Muscle Easily Like the Mesomorph.
The physique presents the illusion that much of the mass has been concentrated in the abdominal area, which may or may not be true. The arms and legs of the extreme endomorph are short in length and taper. This may give the appearance of stalkiness. 
- ↑ Donche, Dan (2008). FF Trainer Certification Guide. USA: Fatal Fitness.
- ↑ unknown (n.d.). Health and Fitness Glossary. ChangingShape.com. Retrieved on 2008-08-08.
- ↑ unknown (n.d.). Endomorph Body Type. superskinnyme.com. Retrieved on 2008-08-08.
- ↑ unknown (n.d.). Measuring Somatotype. TopEndSports.com. Retrieved on 2008-08-08.
- ↑ unknown (n.d.). Body Type Information. BodybuildingPro.com. Retrieved on 2008-08-08.