The term ectomorph refers to a body type (somatotype) characterized by a light build, slight muscular development and little body fat.  An example of an ectomorphic person in the sports would be a typical long distance runner or basketball player. Generally, ectomorphs rank high on endurance, flexibility and agility. 
* "Hard Gainer" * Delicate Built Body * Flat Chest * Fragile * Lean * Lightly Muscled * Small Shouldered * Long Limbs * Thin
Extreme ectomorphs may also have a sensitivity to temperature extremes as well.  Ectomorphs have been found, on average, to show more social anxiety and introversion and to be more analytical of mind. Ectomorphs posess a fast metabolism which requires more calories and more training to show muscle gains.
- ↑ Donche, Dan (2008). FF Trainer Certification Guide. USA: Fatal Fitness.
- ↑ unknown (n.d.). Health and Fitness Glossary. ChangingShape.com. Retrieved on 2008-08-08.
- ↑ unknown (n.d.). Ectomorph Body Type. superskinnyme.com. Retrieved on 2008-08-08.
- ↑ unknown (n.d.). Measuring Somatotype. TopEndSports.com. Retrieved on 2008-08-08.
- ↑ unknown (n.d.). Body Type Information. BodybuildingPro.com. Retrieved on 2008-08-08.