Don't let the term mislead you -- elite, in the case, has a double meaning. We're talking about the pursuit of excellence, not just in fitness but in knowledge. Elite knowledge of fitness, gleaned from these pages, will help you propel yourself to success faster than normal, however, the reality is that wisdom means nothing without application. So we challenge you to go out and play -- get out and turn up the dial. Make it happen.
- This site is about physical fitness and health. You'll soon find that they are not mutually exclusive.
- This site is about separating the wheat from the chaff. You'll see why most people are just spinning their wheels.
- This site is about learning and growth. If you can't do so productively, please find another place.
Forging It for some time now...
CrossFit is a functional fitness system that was founded by Coach Greg Glassman in Santa Cruz, California. CrossFit focuses only on fitness for life performance, or preparing for the unknown; it aims to increase all facets of fitness while not specializing in any of them. CrossFit is one of the fastest growing exercise phenomenons in the world.
Who Are They?
CrossFit uses an eclectic mixture of gymnastic exercises, metabolic conditioning, Olympic Lifting, and many unorthodox exercises (tire flipping, sledgehammer swings) to accomplish their mission: supplying a fitness vehicle that is broad, general, and inclusive. The daily workouts, called WODs (Workout of the Day), are posted on their website. CrossFit believes in higher standards of performance, as evidenced by their striving toward virtuosity, yet their programming allows for use by athletes of all levels -- from Special Operations to senior citizens.
More CrossFit Goodies
More Great Resources
Have a website that should be on here? Check out our Website Template!
Below is a list of hot articles to contemplate.
Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato
Get Yourself on the Right Track
Athlepedia is dedicated to highlighting the best fitness information out there today (though for information purposes we also deliver facts on not-so-elite fitness practices), because we believe in the power of this knowledge and that it should be free. If you're looking to change your quality of life through fitness, we can help.
Where should you begin?
First of all, check out our Elite Fitness Portal, and then pay our friends a visit: Fatal Fitness and CrossFit. Fitness is about improving the quality of your life, and to get fit you are going to need to move. The easy way is the long way around; if you want the best results, to feel the best, and to open doors you've never even known before, intensity is the only answer. It makes all the difference.
How about nutrition?
Nutrition is significant. If you ignore nutrition, you cannot hope to make any kind of continued progress. Furthermore, it plays a vital role in longevity, as does fitness. Find out more here and then visit our friend Robb Wolf.
Current Projects on Athlepedia
- What are Athlepedia Projects?
- Athlepedia Projects are small-to-large scale collaborations on specific topics within Athlepedia. They are created to give users a chance to participate in something they enjoy; each project's aim is to enhance and expand the content related to that particular topic.
- Who can participate?
- Anyone can participate in projects or start them. If you are interested in starting a project of your own, check here.
- What if I want more information?
- More information on projects in general can be found right here.
- For project-specific questions, free to ask questions in each projects talk page.
Check out some of the more popular categories of Athlepedia content...
Athlepedia projects are a place for like minded people to work on areas of the wiki!
|Some Sweet Things to Check Out on Athlepedia|
|Exercise Categories||Functional! • Gymnastic • Weightlifting • Monostructural • Plyometrics • Drills|
|Equipment Categories||Assessment Gear • Boxing/Martial Arts Gear • Cardio Gear • Climbing Gear • Gymnastics Gear • Home Exercise Gear • Resistance Training Gear • Do-It-Yourself Gear|
|Anatomy Categories||Cardiovascular System • Integumentary System • Muscular System • Nervous System • Respiratory System • Skeletal System|
|AthleMedia Categories||Blogs • Books • Film • Periodicals • Podcasts • Television|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found